Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'm also a non- traditional student..............

OK, so being out of school for so long before I actually went back was not a challenge for me in the beginning. I entered college for the first time in my life at 2009, and being a non - traditional student meant it would take me four years versus two years because of my work schedule. I didn't mind it at all because I was much more focused than I had ever been in my life as it pertained to schooling.

 With God's grace of course did I complete my journey in 2013 with an associates degree in English, and I never stopped after that. There was no hiatus for me as I knew that I needed to make it happen since I didn't go to school in my teens and twenties. Not that I am concerned about not getting any younger because whatever God has for you/me,  it'll be yours/mine at ANY AGE,  but I'm just not about the life of taking my time.  I want to "get er' done", and I have to complete this mission no matter what.

I have known since I was twelve years old that one of my reasons for being on this earth is to be a writer, and I'm glad I know what it is that I want to do with that.  It is my dream to write, direct, and produce movies,  and I do see this as being a reality for me,  not just a dream.

It has not been easy going to school part time,  working full time,  and raising my son and dealing with his schoolwork as well, and keeping him on the straight and narrow, but God has helped me accomplish this all. I have been in school non-stop since 2009, with the exception of this past summer, as I had just found out that I was pregnant, and I was soooooooooo tired that all I did was come home from work and go to bed, but I'm back at it!

Looking forward to this bachelors degree in 2017!

Yayyyyyyy me and to alllllllllll of the other non-traditional students persevering just as I am,  DON'T STOP,  DON'T QUIT, YOU CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You have a lot going on and you still have your head on straight! (With God's help of course!) I am currently an English major and love writing as well! Good luck with your aspirations and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Dayna, and I appreciate your inspiration that you have added to my blog. Please feel free to stop by at anytime and say hello. (:

    ReplyDelete